PrestoSports announces the addition of PayPal Express to the camps checkout process!September 1, 2016 by Michael Roman
As a result of our rapidly increasing number of users, we’ve qualified for lower credit card processing rates through the integration of PayPal Express in our checkout process. In addition to accepting all major credit cards, we’ll also provide the option for registrants to submit their payment using their PayPal accounts!
What It Means
1. Reduces credit card processing fees
As coaches, we understand how much effort goes into hosting a successful camp. That’s what we’re most proud of with this integration, as it allows our users to keep more of their hard-earned money in their pocket.
The current processing fee is approximately 3% per transaction, which varies slightly depending on the type of card used. The new fees will roughly be set to:
- 2.6% per transaction for payments made with PayPal accounts
- 2.2% per transaction for payments made with credit cards
These reduced rates might seem subtle on the surface, but can make a significant difference in your bottom line.
2. Increases/Facilitates sales
Extends reach to new customers – PayPal has an ever-growing network of users
- More than 188 million active accounts in 20161
- Nearly ¾ of US online consumers have a PayPal account2
- PayPal users are more than twice as likely to complete the purchase than shoppers who used other checkout or payment options
Optimized for mobile checkout
- Express Checkout on mobile devices runs in mobile browsers optimized for smaller mobile screens and keyboards
- All of our sites are responsive
- Increases ease of completing an online purchase
3. Speeds up checkout experience
PayPal’s fastest checkout solution saves time and significantly reduces the amount of clicks
- Allows users to log in to their account and pay using their stored account information and balance
- Eliminates the need to enter billing info, turning a multi-step checkout into an express lane on most devices, including smartphones, tablets, and desktops
Coming Soon to the Camps Platform
In addition to PayPal Express, other feature requests that we’re excited to launch soon include:
- Discounts and Promotions
- A “Copy Camp” feature
- Social Media integration
- Multiple registration open/close dates
Our team welcomes all user feedback and highly values your opinion on future developments. The more users we hear from, the better we can build together. If there’s anything you feel we can do to further enhance your experience we encourage you to send those ideas our way.
Not enrolled in our camps registration platform yet? Submit this enrollment form or contact email@example.com for more information. Setup is quick and easy, so it's never too late to move your registrations online!
*Follow us @PrestoCamps for all things camp related
(1) Number of PayPal's total active registered user accounts from 1st quarter 2010 to 2nd quarter 2016 (in millions), http://www.statista.com/statistics/218493/paypals-total-active-registered-accounts-from-2010/
(2) Winning at Checkout: The PayPal Express Checkout Customer is More Than Twice as Likely to Buy,